Izmir University of Economics Psychology Department Program Outcomes
1. To have knowledge of basic concepts, theories, approaches (behavioral, biological, cognitive, evolutionary, social, developmental, statistical, humanistic, psychodynamic, and socio-cultural), and current applications specific to the field of psychology by using current course materials and instruments.
2. To have basic knowledge and skills about the applications in the different subfields of psychology.
3. To have basic knowledge about the testing and measurement instruments used in different subfields of psychology and basic level skill that does not require expertise in carrying out applications in different subfields of psychology.
4. To make use of other disciplines that may contribute to psychology and have basic knowledge about the contribution of psychology to these disciplines.
5. To have cumulative knowledge about the position of psychology as a scientific discipline in Turkey, the conducted research, applications and problems encountered from past to present in the field of psychology.
6. To have the competence to conduct a research individually and/or as a team using the knowledge acquired in the field of psychology, interpret the findings obtained by using scientific problem solving and critical thinking approaches.
7. To have the ability to construct a research hypothesis, create a research design, collect data, analyze it, report it in a scientific writing format, and interpret it by using basic knowledge related to testing and measurement, research methods, and statistics acquired in the field of psychology.
8. To have the competence to share the theoretical and applied knowledge acquired in the field of psychology with the experts and lay people by using the required information and communication technologies in scientific studies and events that benefit the society.
9. To have knowledge of the relevant professional and ethical values in the domains of psychology and respect individual differences and human rights in research and practices related to psychology.
10. To constantly renew herself/himself professionally by following both national and international publications in the field of psychology, the developments in testing and measurement instruments and software programs used in the discipline.
11. To establish written and verbal communication with experts and lay people by using both Turkish and English.
12. To be able to speak a second foreign at a medium level of fluency efficiently.
13. To be able to relate the knowledge accumulated throughout the human history to their field of expertise.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
Emotional aftermath of an earthquake in children
Two earthquakes with a magnitude of 7.7 and 7.6, the epicenter of which were in Kahramanmaraş and caused destruction in 10 cities,
Özgener: We produce projects that meet the needs of Izmir
The official opening of the Psychology Research and Application Center (PUAM), which was established within the body of Izmir University of Economics
We rushed to the hairdressers to feel refreshed
Reopened beauty salons, hairdressers and barbers, as part of the "Normalization Process" which started to be implemented with the reduction in coronavirus
Coronavirus and sleep problems
The coronavirus pandemic, which has turned the world upside down and affected all aspects of our lives, including daily life, work habits
The Coronavirus (Covid-19), which became a global threat and caused more than 200 thousand people to die so far, drove Turkish citizens,
Live in the moment
Psychologists often recommend to “focus on present” in order to cope with high levels of anxiety when we are all confined to
EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY MASTERS DEGREE AND DOCTORATE PROGRAM APPLICATIONS
Submition deadline is 31 August 2018 For more information visit https://ss.ieu.edu.tr/en