Aim of the Program
The aim of the Psychology undergraduate program is to train graduates who have comprehensive knowledge of the basic principles and theories of psychology, have the ability to think scientifically, act within the framework of professional and scientific ethical principles, think critically, autonomously and creatively, and produce creative solutions to individual and social problems. Our graduates who are trained with the responsibility and awareness of achieving such a goal:
- Have basic knowledge in different subfields of Psychology such as Experimental, Clinical, Developmental, Social, and Industrial/Organizational.
- Have the ability to use the theoretical and applied knowledge acquired in the field of Psychology at the local and global level and the competence to use the information and communication technologies necessary to disseminate this information.
- Have basic knowledge about the contribution of different subfields of Psychology to each other and to different disciplines.
- Have basic knowledge and application skills that do not require expertise in testing and measurement instruments and applications used in different sub-fields of Psychology.
- Conduct research individually and / or as a team by following the steps of the scientific method and report its findings using modern computer and software programs.
- Behave in accordance with professional values and universal ethical principles.
- Respect people, society and characteristics and differences such as race, ethnicity, national identity, religion, sexual orientation, disability and socioeconomic status.
- Act with the awareness of lifelong learning in the stages of understanding, interpreting the theoretical knowledge acquired in the field of Psychology and producing solutions to related social problems.
- Use both their native language and at least one foreign language effectively.
Our graduates can work in public and private institutions and organizations operating in many fields such as health, industry, education, academic, research and development.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
Özgener: We produce projects that meet the needs of Izmir
The official opening of the Psychology Research and Application Center (PUAM), which was established within the body of Izmir University of Economics
We rushed to the hairdressers to feel refreshed
Reopened beauty salons, hairdressers and barbers, as part of the "Normalization Process" which started to be implemented with the reduction in coronavirus
Coronavirus and sleep problems
The coronavirus pandemic, which has turned the world upside down and affected all aspects of our lives, including daily life, work habits
The Coronavirus (Covid-19), which became a global threat and caused more than 200 thousand people to die so far, drove Turkish citizens,
Live in the moment
Psychologists often recommend to “focus on present” in order to cope with high levels of anxiety when we are all confined to
TUBITAK grants 200 thousand TL for dyslexia mobile app
Esra Ablak and Deniz Öztürk, graduates of Department of Psychology, Izmir University of Economics (IUE), qualified for a 200 thousand TL grant
The ‘Distinguished Young Scientist Award’ goes to IUE Academic
Prof. Seda Dural Çetinkaya, Head of Department of Psychology, Izmir University of Economics (IUE), has been deemed worthy of the “Distinguished Young
EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY MASTERS DEGREE AND DOCTORATE PROGRAM APPLICATIONS
Submition deadline is 31 August 2018 For more information visit http://ss.ieu.edu.tr/en
GRADUATE DEGREE AT OXFORD
Büşra Elif Yelbuz, senior at Department of Psychology, Izmir University of Economics (IUE), qualified to study for her graduate degree at Oxford
Dear Students, We are all deeply saddened by the brutal murder of Özgecan Aslan. I invite you all to the meeting that will
THE EARLY SCİENTİFİC WORKS OF OUR STUDENTS ATTRACT GREAT INTEREST
Through two semesters, students who take Research Methods in Psychology and Laboratory Techniques and Instrumentation lectures form project groups of 7 or